24 X 7 internet connectivity is available to faculty, staff and students for their use. No student can be without access to a computer in the 21st century, and access to the internet is fast becoming a necessity rather than a luxury. Computer Systems (P IV with 2.4 GHz speed, 1 GB Ram minimum).
1. IBM (Servers)
2. LCD Projectors
4. Network Switches
5. Wi-Fi campus
6. Internet Leased Line with 4 Mbps speed etc.
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, is involved in providing quality education at Undergraduate (UG) level. The department offers excellent infrastructure and resources in the form of knowledgeable faculty, well equipped laboratories with up to date equipments. The program aims to provide education and training to students to prepare them for requirement of Industry and also strive for development of professional competences, intellectual skills, innovation and leadership in the field of Electronics and communication Engineering. The Laboratories in the department are organized into four areas, namely Electronics Circuits Lab, Communication Engineering Lab, Microprocessor Lab and Microwave Lab. Facilities for conducting practical on Integrated Circuits, Digital Signal Processing and Optical Communication are also provided. The labs are equipped with Cathode Ray Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Digital Design kits, Microprocessor kits, Power Supplies, Microwave Benches, Micro Controllers and Digital Signal Processing kits.
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering at ICFAI University is functioning with a mission to provide high quality education, research and consultancy for the visible development of the society. Civil engineering is considered to be the strength for all type of developments. Civil Engineering involves the application of scientific principles and knowledge of mathematics, theory of mechanics and application of computers to the planning, analysis, design and construction for all type of infrastructures. The Department offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Various modern and well equipped lab facilities are provided to students here. The established labs here are:
|TRANSPORT ENGINEERING LAB||GEOTECHNICAL LAB|
|CONCRETE LAB||SURVEY LAB|
Department of MechanicalEngineering
University offers undergraduate course in Mechanical Engineering. The department contains experienced faculty, well equipped labs and provides project based learning. Department of mechanical engineering is dedicated to produce qualified mechanical engineers who will be capable enough to apply technical knowledge and skills to provide the solutions for the industries, government organizations and society as well as utilize effective communication, team spirit, and project management skills to work productively within their professions and communities with conducting themselves in a responsible, professional and ethical manners. To ensure students are proficient in the latest tools and technologies, the department has many fruitful and advanced types of software.
To provide the students and the faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, and apply the knowledge in the field of Mechanical Engineering following well equipped laboratories have been setup by the university:
Workshop Technology Lab
Workshop lab is very useful because it provides a basic knowledge of machines, welding, carpentry and fitting and it contains following equipments:
1. Wood Turning Lathe Machine 6 ft GMT Pedestal Type
2. 1Hp 3Ph 1440 RPM Electric Motor Crompton with R/F Switch and V-belts and wiring.
3. Surface Planner with circular saw attach (WT-208) GMT make light duty
4. 2Hp 3Ph 1440 RPM Electric Motor "KILOSKAR" Complete with DOL Starter-Belt
5. 2 Nos of 41/2' feet Light duty lathe machine "GMT" Having length of bed 41/2 gap bed and hardened lathe.
6. Open hearth furnace.
7. Veekay heavy duty hydraulic hacksaw machine.
8. GMT/MGM Bench Grinder having in built 1Hp 2800 RPM.
9. GMT/KMT Brand high precision 25mm capacity pillar drilling machine, etc.
10. Other Workshop tools.
Fluid Mechanics Lab
This lab facility is to carry out experiments independently. The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the fundamentals of properties of fluids and governing equations like continuity, impulse-momentum equation and Bernoullis equation etc. and equipped with following equipments:
1. Bernoulli's theorem Apparatus
2. Reynold's Apparatus
3. Elbow meter Apparatus
4. Rota Meter Apparatus (Water)
5. Orific Meter Setup
6. Pitot Static Setup
7. Rota Meter Apparatus (Air)
8. Viscosity Measurement Instrument
9. Metacentric height apparatus
10. Discharge over notches (V & rectangular) apparatus
11. Discharge through orifice meter and venturi meter apparatus.
12. Losses due to pipe fittings (friction) apparatus.
Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machines Lab
The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the fundamentals of turbine, pumps and ram. The following equipments have been set up in the laboratory:
1. Impact of jets apparatus.
2. Centrifugal blower test rig.
3. Jet pump test rig.
4. Centrifugal pump test rig.
5. Pelton turbine test rig-1Kw output capacity.
6. Francis turbine test rig-1 Kw output capacity.
7. Kaplan turbine test rig - 1Kw output capacity.
8. Free & forced vortex apparatus.
Internal Combustion Engine Lab
This lab is for mechanical students with facilities to carry out experiments independently. The lab is well-equipped and enables students to understand the basic construction of two stroke and four stroke diesel and petrol engine, basic parts of an engine like carburetor, Fuel injection system, engine cooling system with the help of following equipments:
- Lancashire boiler model.
- Baboox & Wilcox boiler model.
- Cochran boiler model.
- Digital stop watch.
- Single cylinder four stroke diesel engine (Kirloskar) test rig with mechanical rope break dynamometer & exhaust gas calorimeter.
- Two stroke single cylinder petrol engine test rig with electrical dynamometer.
- Single cylinder four stroke petrol engine (Honda) test rig with DC generator & resistance load bank.
- Multi cylinder petrol engine (brand new Maruti) test rig with hydraulic dynamometer.
- Two stage air compression test rig (ELGI make).
- Cut section of actual used four stroke single cylinder diesel engine.
- Cut section of actual used two stroke petrol single cylinder petrol engine.
- Pensky Martin apparatus.
- Vibromounts (Mounting pads).
Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
This lab is a part of curriculum of mechanical students with facilities to carry out experiments independently. The lab is well-equipped with calibrated equipments and enables students to understand the basics of modes heat transfer i.e. conduction, convection and radiation. The laboratory contains following equipments:
1. Thermal conductivity of liquid.
2. Thermal conductivity of metal bar.
3. Thermal conductivity of insulating powder.
4. Heat transfer through composite wall apparatus.
5. Heat transfer through natural conversion.
6. Heat transfer through forced conversion.
7. Heat transfer through pin fin apparatus.
8. Heat transfer through lagged pipe apparatus.
9. Stefan Boltzman apparatus.
10. Parallel flow counter flow heat exchanger.
11. Condensation in drop-wise film-wise apparatus.
12. Critical heat flux apparatus.
13. Emissivity measurement apparatus.
Production Engineering Lab
The objective of the production engineering lab is to demonstrate the basic principles in the area of production to the undergraduate students through a series of experiments. In this lab following equipments are there:
1. Oxygen cylinder.
2. Carbon dioxide cylinder.
3. Argon cylinder.
4. DA cylinder (acetylene)
5. Gas cutting torch.
6. TIG welding equipment (without cylinder).
7. Rockwell Hardness Tester
8. MIG welding equipment (without cylinder).
9. Spot welding machine.
10. Sand rammer with base block & tube filler.
11. Sand mixture -10 Kg.
12. Rapid moisture machine.
13. Mold Permeability machine.
Computer Aided Design Lab
The department also consists with Computer Aided Design (CAD) lab. CAD (Computer Aided Design) provides a convenient mean to create designs for almost every engineering discipline. It can be used for architectural design, landscape design, interior design, civil and surveying, mechanical design, plant design, industrial design, duct design, and product design.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering with its consistent team of faculty members, offers a comprehensive program at the UG level. The curriculum is a blend of the conventional and the essential. This curriculum is updated regularly to keep up with the growing demands and the changing trends of the software industry. Core courses include Programming Languages, Computer Architecture, System Software, Networking Technologies and Artificial Intelligence.
Courses offered by the department:
- B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
A computer lab is established which is equipped with more than 100 computers with advanced configuration (P-IV with 2.4 GHz speed, 2 GB RAM minimum). 24 X 7 internet connectivity is available to faculty, staff and students for their use. No student can be without access to a computer in the 21st century, and access to the internet is becoming a necessity rather than a luxury.
ICFAI UNIVERSITY RAIPUR
The ICFAI University, Raipur has been established under Section 9(2) of the Chhattisgarh Private Universities
(Establishment and Operations) Act 2005 and notified on March 25, 2011. The University is empowered by UGC to award degrees under Section 22 of UGC Act,